Jan 4, 2012

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek | Day 3


We're getting ready for another fabulous release at Taylored Expressions and Taylor is giving away a fun TE prize too - so be sure to read all the way to the bottom of this post for all the details, you don't want to miss a thing!

Today I have 2 new sets to show for you - first up is Animals in Love - Giraffes!  Nancy McKinney has illustrated 3 new adorable Animals in Love stamps to compliment the rest of the series introduced last February.


I wanted to make a masculine card since I have very few Valentine's Day cards that I would even consider remotely close to a man card.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Choice Buttercream cardstock and then colored it with Copic markers and cut the image out.  I stamped the image again on kraft cardstock and then paper pieced the giraffes after coloring in some natural grass.  The little heart button sticker is from the Spice it Up Ingredients for the Valentine's Project Pantry Kit {which I'll talk about here soon}.  I did a little sewing around the border and then I also created an embossed look on the background paper by cutting out several Jumbo Heart Border Die cuts and then glued them to the same Choice Buttercream cardstock.

Here's a little project rewind from last year - this is Animals in Love - Turtles and you can get this or any other previously released 2011 Animals in Love stamp for FREE when you purchase any of the new Animals in Love stamps from this 2012 release.  You just can't beat a good BOGO deal!

My next project features a completely adorable set illustrated by Emily Burger for the Embracing Grace collection.  Here is a peek at Love Monsters:


This is my absolute favorite set of this release - these little monsters will just melt your heart, they are SO cute!  I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black on kraft cardstock and then again on Choice Buttercream cardstock so I could paper piece the eyes and teeth over the kraft.  All of the cardstock and papers are from this month's Valentine's Basic Project Pantry Kit, which includes:

20 sheets of double sided patterned paper (American Crafts With Love Collection)
12 sheets of 8.5 x 11 solid cardstock
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)

You can pick extra Spice it Up Ingredients to add more embellishments to your kit to fit your crafting style - isn't that fun!?

I used the die from Fly Your Flag 3 to create the I {heart} U banner and added a toothpick to hold it up.  The red heart is actually cut from the Layering Doily Medium and I just glued it on top of the heart that was stamped.  My tag is pretty simple - I cut out a piece of 3-1/4" x 4-1/4" and then used a corner rounder for the top of the tag.  After layering the patterned paper and Choice buttercream cardstock, I used my Crop-o-dile to set the Brown Eyelet and then finished it with a piece of ribbon from the Valentine Basic Project Pantry Kit and then tied some Beetle Black Twine around the ribbon to hold it in place.

Here is a close- up of the flag banner and some shots of all the tags in the set {click on the image for a larger view}:


 

I told you this set was cute!

January Release At a Glance 
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, January 5th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST. 
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day! Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Wednesday 1/4 at 7pm PST for the drawings. 
Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Jen Shults
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Melissa Sauls
Melody Rupple
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Wanda Guess





 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karen

recipe -
giraffe card:
stamps: animals in love giraffes (taylored expressions), moka cherie (taylored expressions)
paper: maraschino (bazzill), kraft, choice buttercream (te)
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: copic markers, heart button sicker (valentine spice it up kit), jumbo heart border (te), sewing machine, thread, foam tape 

monster tags:
stamps: love monsters (taylored expressions)
paper: maraschino (bazzill), kraft, choice buttercream (te), with love (pebbles)
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: copic markers, beetle black twine (doodlebug), pink/white ricrac grosgrain ribbon (te valentine project pantry kit), brown eyelets (we r memory keepers), layering doily medium die (te), layering doily small (te), fly your flag 3 die (te), toothpick, corner rounder, foam tape

28 comments:

Betty said...

Wow...the giraffe card is really lovely! And those cute little monster tags are adorable!!

Miriam Prantner said...

That giraffe card is fabulous! Love how the stitching is broken for the hearts, and what a great set of tags!

Liz Terrazas said...

i love the giraffe's...

Danni said...

What fabulous creations! I adore the giraffes!

Nicole MJ said...

great coloring!! The giraffes are so sweet.... and seeing all the monsters is making me really consider them too. Did you color the monsters or are their bodies paper pieced??

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

LOVE them all, but those tags are just too cute

Jillisgram said...

Darling cards! You sure did a lot of work. Especially love the turtles! Val from IL.

Meghan said...

All your projects are amazing. The tag set is perfectly perfect!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Amazing projects!! Love the giraffes!!

Lisa (lisascraps) said...

The giraffes are great! I really like all your projects.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Girl, your giraffe card is STUNNING!! WOW WOW WOW! LOVE your monster tags too!!

Tinalala said...

The giraffes are so great. Love the heart border effect behind them. The tags are super cute!

Crafty Math Chick said...

AWWWW! Such pretty giraffes, my Mom would love that image, she has a thing for giraffes. Your tags are so intricate and pretty!

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh, totally awesome projects. Your tags are so cute and the giraffe card is the best. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

JessicaK said...

Awesome cards, and Nancy's got the greatest sentiments with her stamps.

sharon g said...

Those are all adorable! I've never seen anything like them!

B. Poteraj said...

I'm a sucker for giraffes!!

Danielle Lounds said...

Oh my word! You ROCKED these stamp sets and projects. Your giraffe card is so beautifully colored and I love your faux embossed background (why oh why didn't I get that die?!). And your tags... you know I LOVE them, right? :)

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE LOVE the animal cards SO super cute and sweet!
LOVE the dies too!

Lisa H. said...

oh, my heaven!!!! I looooove those giraffes, they are my fave animal at the zoo. soooo sweet, Karen and so are the tags.

Jennifer Shults said...

Wow you are busy!!! LOVE those giraffes... fantastic coloring on the Kraft stock! and the little turtles!! LOVE those! But those tags, those have to be my fave. They are ADORABLE!!! I'd like to order 20. ;)

Taylor said...

What a TOTALLY cool background on the giraffe card and your coloring is gorgeous! And those monster tags... I'm in monster love!

Prachee said...

your cards are just so lovely and adorable!! brilliant work :)

Tori Wild said...

LOVE all the Kraft!! Those tags are incredible!

Nicolemj said...

Awesome work!! I am now inspired to use my copics on kraft!... I have a ton of it and alway seem to go back to white or cream... love the variety you create with kraft!

Scrapbooking and Papercrafts said...

Those giraffes are adorable! They remind me of a paper pieced one I did years ago for a baby page, using a Precious Moments type giraffe. Nice!

Savvy Shopper said...

Love the colors you chose and the embellishments on the tags. I can see these with lots of different themes!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such gorgeous creations, Karen! LOVE those tags and those giraffess are just precious!